AIMS@JCU Member Responsibilites
Members have access to the funding opportunities and facilities provided by AIMS@JCU. In return we ask all members to follow our author affiliation guidelines. We ask that for papers, theses and presentations AIMS@JCU members follow the format below for author affiliations:
- AIMS@JCU (firstname.lastname@example.org), Townsville Queensland Australia.
- Division of Research and Innovation, James Cook University, Townsville Queensland 4811 Australia.
- Australian Institute of Marine Science, Townsville MC, Queensland 4810, Australia.
- Specific college/centre of enrolment, affiliation or employment, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia.
- Other institute affiliations if applicable
AIMS@JCU member who is:
- a student or volunteer: 1,2,3,4,5
- an AIMS@JCU Postdoctoral Fellow: 1,2,3,4,5
- an employee of AIMS and an adjunct of JCU: 1,2,3,5
- an employee of Aims not an adjunct of JCU: 1,3,5
- an employee of JCU and an adjunct of AIMS: 1,3,4,5
- an employee of JCU not an adjunct of AIMS: 1,4,5
AIMS@JCU scholarship recipients and AIMS@JCU Postdoctoral Fellows must list AIMS@JCU as their first affiliation. Otherwise authors have discretion to order their affiliations appropriately.
It is important to be aware that there are advantages for both partner institutions in adopting the approved format. DEST have advised that a publication with an author affiliation AIMS@JCU can be claimed by JCU and included as publications under the IGS funding scheme. Therefore AIMS@JCU publications will contribute to earning funds for JCU. Similarly AIMS is able to note any AIMS@JCU publications as Outputs, for the Federal Funds received, increasing AIMS publications will be a positive contribution to outputs specifically measured by AIMS and reported in the Annual Report.
There is no detrimental impact of adopting the approved format and both partner institutions will benefit from the increase in publications generated by AIMS@JCU research.
Regarding acknowledgements we ask that you please include:
I acknowledge the Wulgurukaba and Bindal people as the Traditional Owners of the land the research was conducted on.
The TO location needs to be updated to reflect the country where the work was done. The Wulgurukaba and Bindal people are associated with the AIMS and JCU Townsville sites.
AIMS@JCU scholarship holders are required to submit annual progress reports to the AIMS@JCU Management Committee via the AIMS@JCU office. We also require you to provide us with a copy of the Graduate Research School report which is due to the GRS in November.