Science Communication Awards
Early each year, AIMS@JCU provides funds for student members to communicate their work and grow their professional network.
AIMS@JCU is excited to invite applications for the second round of Science Communication Awards for 2019:
- Applications are invited from any AIMS@JCU student member, with the level of support for individuals at a maximum of $750 for an activity within Australia and a maximum of $1,500 for an activity outside Australia.
- Only one award can be used per trip (so for each conference/workshop you can only apply for/receive one award).
- Acceptable uses would be:
- Attendance at a national or international conference to present AIMS@JCU research, in Australia or overseas (usually only considered after 2nd year of candidature).
- Attendance at an institution for the purposes of completing collaborative research resulting in a manuscript or thesis chapter, learning a new technique, or liaising with potential future post-doc employer (usually only considered in 3rd or 4th year of candidature).
- Please complete and return the application form by 18th August 2019.
- Awardees will be required to acquit receipts (and return unspent funds), attribute AIMS@JCU on all outputs, and provide an article for the newsletter and other AIMS@JCU publications.