Become a Driver
Register to drive the AIMS@JCU commuter vehicle
If you would like to be added as a driver of the AIMS@JCU Commuter Vehicle, you must have at least three years’ driving experience and complete all requirements on the AIMS@JCU vehicle drivers' agreement:
- Read the AIMS@JCU commuter vehicle policy and procedures document at http://aims.jcu.edu.au/our-facilities-and-infrastructure/commuter-vehicle.aspx
- Read the JCU vehicle policy documents at https://www.jcu.edu.au/policy/estate-and-facility-management/vehicle-fleet-policy and https://www.jcu.edu.au/policy/procedures/estate-and-facility-management/long-term-vehicle-use-procedure
- Follow link - http://intranet.aims.gov.au/transport (you will need access to AIMS intranet, contact AIMS@JCU if you need assistance)
- Watch Driver Induction video
- Read Transport Procedures
- Complete form 1 (in Procedure) and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a copy of your licence (front and back) to email@example.com
- If your licence is Australian, go to number 5.
- If you hold an overseas licence, it may be worth finding out how easy it is for you to transfer your licence to a Queensland licence, please check this link for more information: https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/driver-licensing/overseas/transfer.
- If you plan to continue using your overseas licence:
- You need a valid international driver’s licence written in English which legally permits the driver to drive an 8-seater vehicle in Australia, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are required to undertake a driving competency test (paid for by AIMS@JCU) at your convenience. Please contact the Graduate School of Motoring on (07) 4772 2323 to organise a time which is best for you. Take your licence along with you and let them know that AIMS@JCU are paying for your test
- They will contact AIMS@JCU with the result, but please let us know when you have done the assessment so we can chase them up if need be
- AIMS@JCU will then contact AIMS for you to sit an AIMS induction, please let us know when you have completed this.
Log-sheets are to be filled in by the driver for each trip and sent with receipts to the AIMS@JCU office whenever they are full.
The log-sheet template can be downloaded HERE.